2003: Building Bridges|
A more serious journey:
we join a group of
American theologians and ministers to encounter Islam in
Jordan, Syria, and Egypt, where we
meet with prominent figures in
religion, government, and academia.
Who are we and what else do we do?
- How we became eclipse junkies:
Barbara went to India in the mid-seventies, which led to
our fascination with football, which in turn led to our
addiction to solar eclipses.
The connection isn't obvious? Then let me
- Barbara is a writing coach, check out her website at
- Bill is Chairman of the Board of Directors
of the vast Eclipsoid Industries cartel.
His past work history is
- Bill is a drummer,
and played professionally through the '70s.
He currently plays with
and The Quarry Persons.
- Barbara's father, the legendary pioneer television producer
Fenton McHugh, is auther of the memoir
- Barbara and Bill meditate like their hair is on fire.
Every Sunday they sit with the
1994: Lost on the Altiplano|
We went to the Bolivian Altiplano,
one of the loneliest places in the world, to see an eclipse.
Our group got lost, and then...
Where have we been lately?
(Domestic travel omitted, even though Northern
Wisconsin is, really, more exotic than Sikkim)
- 1990: Thailand
- 1991: Baja Sur; our first eclipse
- 1992: Bali
- 1994: Bolivia (eclipse) and Peru
- 1995: Rajasthan (eclipse)
- 1998: Trinidad (Carnival!) and Aruba (eclipse).
- 1999: Turkey (eclipse)
- 2000: Nepal, Sikkim, Assam, and Bhutan
- 2001: North-central Mexico
- 2002: South Africa (eclipse, but clouded out!)
- 2003: Cambodia and Vietnam
- 2003: Jordan, Syria, and Egypt
- 2005: South India
- 2006: Greece and Turkey
- 2007: New Orleans, as volunteers
- 2007: Northern Italy
- 2008: Mongolia (eclipse!)
- 2009: South China (eclipse, but clouded out!)
- 2010: Czech Republic and Austria
- 2011: Switzerland
- 2012: North Italy
- 2012: Northern California (annular eclipse!)
- 2013: Northern France